As the impacts of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to develop, you and your family’s health, safety, and peace of mind remain of utmost importance to us here at Life Psychologists.
We are committed to ongoing service delivery to you and your family during this difficult time. As an alternative to face-to-face in-person therapy, we are pleased to offer Telehealth & Online Psychology services.
TELEHEALTH & ONLINE PSYCHOLOGY
Telehealth & Online Psychology Therapy services for you, your partner and/or family can provide an effective and safe way of accessing counselling services from the comforts of your own home.
It is normal to experience mixed emotions when considering using telehealth services; however, all of our psychologists have extensive experience in providing telehealth and online therapy.
Research confirms that online telehealth sessions are just as practical as face-to-face sessions.
What are the Benefits of Online Therapy and Telehealth?
During the current COVID-19 crisis, Telehealth sessions are highly encouraged. We also cater to clients with culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We have ensured that our Telehealth & Online Therapy options are straightforward to use.
Life Psychologists’ continue to offer face-to-face therapy sessions for those who require it. Under NSW Health’s guidelines, we have implemented all the necessary health and safety measures for the protection of our clients and staff. Telehealth services are highly encouraged during the current COVID-19 crisis, and are
- Available Australia-wide with after hours, weeknights appointments available;
- Access Telehealth from the comforts of your home, or anywhere of your choosing, at a time convenient to you. There is no travel to the clinic required!
- Enhance inclusiveness for parents, carers, caseworkers, GPs, schools and daycare providers. Sessions are real-time, and attendees can join from any location;
- Secure, safe, confidential and easy to use. Highly accessible working across multiple devices, including your mobile phone, tablet, PC or laptop;
- Telehealth is available for new and ongoing clients, so there is no disruption to accessing essential mental health services.
Telehealth Services Offered
There is strong evidence that psychological therapy can be effectively delivered using Telehealth Services to treat a range of mental health difficulties.
For many mental health issues, Telehealth Sessions on the phone or videoconferencing are as effective in reducing symptoms as therapy delivered face-to-face by a psychologist. Evidence is particularly strong when treating anxiety, stress and depression using Telehealth alternatives.
At Life Psychologists, we offer the following psychological services in both face-to-face and online telehealth settings:
- Counselling services (e.g. anxiety, depression, stress, grief and loss)
- Medicare psychology services
- NDIS psychology consultations
- Primary Mental Health Care (PMHC)
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
- Group programs, workshops, and self-help webinars
- Couples Therapy and Relationship Counselling
- Worker’s Compensation psychology services
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The Australian Government recently announced a whole-population Medicare Telehealth service for anyone with a Mental Health Care Plan. It allows for up to 20 sessions per calendar year.
These sessions attract a small gap payment and available until March 2022 until further notice. Please see our Fees and Rebates for more information.
Since the COVID-19 outbreak, the majority of Australian private health funds have agreed to provide coverage for telehealth services provided by psychologists. Please check with your private health insurer for eligibility criteria as conditions may apply.
Yes, Life Psychologists’ offer Worker’s Compensation psychology consultations in a safe and protective environment of your preference, including phone, video conference, or face-to-face sessions.
Upon approval, services provided through the SIRA, Comcare, MAA/CTP are insurer funded and at no charge to the client.
You have lots of options when it comes to joining a Telehealth Session using Zoom, Coviu, Whatsapp or Skype.
To help you join your therapy session quickly and on time, your Psychologist will send you the information you need ahead of your appointment time.
You can use the desktop app on your Windows or Mac Computer, use a Chrome browser to join online, or even join on the go using your iOS, Android or Windows Phone device.