Life Psychologists is a registered provider of NDIS ‘Therapeutic Supports’ services.
The NDIS was created to help ease the burden on participants who are living with a permanent disability, as well as their families and friends who support them through their daily lives.
Services provided through the NDIS are Government funded and at no charge to the participant.
WHAT IS THE NDIS?
The National Disability Industry Scheme (NDIS) provides funding to people living with a disability to access critical services that promote independence, community participation, social connectedness, choice and control.
This includes services such as:
- The maintenance of independent living in homes (support with daily activities like cleaning, personal hygiene, cooking, gardening and shopping).
- Building relationships (accessing social activities in the community, developing hobbies and interest, managing behavioural issues).
- Increasing capacity for employment where possible (through building skills and participating in education and training).
- Support for families and carers.
These services are delivered by various professions including support workers, group home providers, social workers, psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and professional cleaners.
Importantly, the services are paid entirely through the NDIS, so that participants and their families do not have to worry about the costs of essential services.
HOW DOES THE NDIS WORK?
If you or a family member have a disability, we encourage you to contact the NDIS on 1800 800 110 to enquire whether you qualify for NDIS funding.
NDIS staff will assist you to apply for funding by taking the following steps.
Steps to obtain funding:
- After calling NDIS on 1800 800 110, you (or a carer) will be invited to answer some questions over the phone, or if you prefer, forms will be sent to you to complete and submit. This step is to express your interest in obtaining funding through the NDIS.
- Obtain supporting documents from your doctors, allied health professionals (psychologists, social workers, speech pathologists, occupational therapists, physic-therapists), family members and yourself outlining your permanent and lifelong disability. Submit this to the NDIS for assessment. This step is to assess whether you qualify to receive funding under the NDIS.
- If you qualify, the NDIS will arrange a meeting to explore your support needs and determine the funding you will receive. This step will determine how much money you receive, and for what services it can be used.
- Confirmation of funding. You are now free to use your funding to access services.
The NDIS is an up-capped service, so unlike other government-funded schemes such as Medicare, participants who claim support under this service will not be charged for any support provided under the scheme.
In recognising the need for flexible and holistic services that meet the varied needs of NDIS participants, Life Psychologists is able to provide the following supports:
- Telehealth and face-to-face therapy from qualified psychologists with experience working in the disability support sector
- Male and female practitioners that specialise in supporting those with a significant disability
- Holistic support, by liaising with all stakeholders, including family members, other service providers and community supports (school visits, home visits), where suitable
- Assistance with daily living by providing therapeutic supports to improve functioning and quality of life
- Participants with a pre-arranged NDIS plan, help in following the program, and making the most out of support sessions
- Services in a variety of languages.
Please contact Life Psychologists on 1300 084 200 to discuss your individual needs and how we are able to work together to meet your goals.
For more information on the National Disability Insurance Agency, visit the NDIS website to find out if you are eligible for funding due to a significant disability.
Frequently Asked Questions
Psychological services under the NDIS are billed at $214.41 per session for counselling services (known as therapeutic support services).
Psychological services for cognitive (IQ) assessments (for the diagnosis of Intellectual Disability) are billed PoA.
You are able to use funding under the category of ‘Improved Daily Living’ and/or ‘Improved Relationships’ to access NDIS psychological services.
We cover a broad range of psychological conditions under the NDIS, including:
- Stress management
- Cognitive assessments and treatments for ADHD, autism and other intellectual disabilities
- Relationship counselling
- Behavioural support
- Anger management and emotional regulation
- PTSD and trauma
Depending on your funding eligibility (which is determined by the NDIS), you are able to access the following psychological services through the NDIS:
You are able to use funding under the category of ‘Improved Daily Living’ and/or ‘Improved Relationships’ to access psychological services.
Life Psychologists is a registered NDIS provider of psychological services (therapeutic supports).
The NDIS system can be confusing. Please contact us on 1300 084 200, and we can assist you with understanding the funding that has been provided to you, and how you can access it for psychological services.